Our website (tampopo.co.uk) will not capture your personal data, such as name, email address and contact number, without your consent being given at the time of data-entry – typically via the usage of one of our contact forms, booking forms or newsletter sign-up form.
All personal data submitted to us is held as securely as reasonably possible in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Tampopo Ltd does not sell or transfer any personal information collected from our website to any other company or organisation.
Some website usage data is shared with third parties, predominantly in the form of website usage data which are hosted and managed by the third party company such as Google for analytics purposes and other web analytics services.
How we collect your information
When you use the website we may collect and process information about you. where you can be identified from this information (directly or indirectly), it will comprise your “personal information” and must be treated with additional care.
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including ip address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform, device type, hardware model, mac address, unique device identifiers and mobile network information;
- information about your visit, including the full url clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time);
- information about your network, such as information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds, and network and application performance and location information from wi-fi access points;
- pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- information about your previous visits to the website
Volunteered by you
You may provide us with your information in a number of ways, including:
- completing forms on the website (such as “contact us” or “careers” forms);
- corresponding with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise;
subscribing to email updates, newsletters or other subscriptions and features made available on the website from time to time;
- using the provided wi-fi in one of our restaurants;
- reporting a problem or requesting support for the website;
- communicating with us through third party social media websites or applications (e.g. twitter, facebook, instagram); – and participating in our contests, promotions, sweepstakes and surveys on the website.
The information we collect includes your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, social media account details (such as facebook and twitter), and any other information you provide on registration, on placing an order and through other means on the website, some of which will comprise your personal information.
A cookie is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in your computer while you browse a website. When you visit the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of your previous activity. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember the state of the website or activity the user had taken in the past.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can read more about cookies here: http://www.whatarecookies.com/
You can decide whether to accept, decline and clear your cookies through your chosen web browser.
Here is further cookie information from some of the leading web browsers:
Tampopo Ltd utilises a series of on-site and server-level security applications and protocols to ensure a safe and secure online experience for our website users.
How we use your information
We process this information for the purpose of:
- dealing with your inquiries and requests;
- providing and personalising our service for you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- compiling your membership profile;
- processing your payment;
- crime prevention and prosecution of offenders;
- as part of our efforts to keep the website safe and secure;
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource (for analytics and research);
- providing reservation or booking services;
- gathering information to form statistical and trend analysis;
- research and analytics on an aggregate and/or anonymous basis;
- administering our prize draws and competitions (which will be subject to separate terms and conditions);
- meeting legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- providing you with member offers and information on products/services that may be of interest to you;
We also gather this information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. these statistics will not include your personal information.
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. we may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
To whom will your personal information be disclosed?
- our employees;
- our affiliates;
- our group companies and their employees;
- another legal entity, on a temporary or permanent basis, for the purposes of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganisation, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event. in the case of a merger or sale, your personal information will be permanently transferred to a successor company; you will be notified via email if this was to occur
- third party consultants, contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services (including but not limited to it support services) to us;
- government bodies and law enforcement agencies and in response to other legal and regulatory requests;
- auditors or contractors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on any of our business purposes, in any jurisdiction where we operate;
- public authorities where we are required by law to do so; and
- any other third party where you have provided your consent.
You have a number of rights in accordance with privacy and data-collection laws, further information for which can be obtained through the data protection regulator in your country.
The key personal rights you hold in law include:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right to lodge a complaint
Updating your personal information
If you’d like to update the personal information held by us that’s relevant to you then you can request this using the contact details at the end of this page.
We will act on all necessary requests where reasonably possible, free of charge. We do retain the right to ignore or refuse requests should they be excessive, baseless or are requiring repeated information that’s already been provided.
You can expect a response within two weeks, although we may on occasion take longer to respond.
How long do we retain your personal data?
Tampopo Ltd will retain your personal information for as long as necessary, in particular, if you have contacted us enquiring about a job vacancy.
If you subscribe to our email newsletter, your personal details will remain secure within our email marketing software until such time as you decide to unsubscribe via an unsubscribe link on our newsletter, or by contacting us directly requiring to be removed from our newsletter marketing list.
As noted in the Your Rights section above, you retain the right to ask that your personal information be removed. You can request this by contacting us using one of the methods below in the Contact Us section on this page. We aim to respond and comply with such requests within two weeks.
This privacy statement is effective as of May 2018. We reserve the right to update or change this privacy statement at any time which will be effective at the date of posting.
45-49 Chorley New Road